Eva Aulmann was born in Stuttgart, Germany, in 1972. She moved to Italy in 1992 and attended the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence, where she graduated in the section of sculpture.
At the same time she started experimenting with chalcographic techniques under the guide of Prof. Vairo Mongatti and discovered her true passion for graphic art.
1996 she won an annual scholarship to the International School of Graphic Art “Il Bisonte” in Florence.
She continued her engraving training by attending a burin engraving course at the “Le Arti Orafe” school in Florence, which gave her the opportunity to improve her knowledge of engraving techniques.
She collaborates with Tommaso Pestelli, goldsmith and Master of Art in Florence, creating engravings, models and prototypes.
- 2021 – 2nd Hommage à trois Award (Jean de la Fontaine category) with the engraving “The crow and the fox“, International Duana de les Arts Association, AIDA, Barcelona;
- 2020 – 1st Italo Grandi Prize, graphics competition “The human body seen by the patient and the doctor”, Graphic Art, magazine on the history of ancient and modern engraving and the history of drawing;
- 2018 – 3rd prize Ugo Maffi woodcut competition, City of Lodi;
- 2012 – 4th Prize ex aequo international competition Ex Libris Biblioteca Bodio Lomnago, Varese;
- 2012 – 1st Castelleone Biennial Graphic Prize, Cremona.